At LuvShifting we understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. As a company we are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, provide your details to purchase our products and services, or interact with us in any way. It is important to us to respect your privacy in everything we do.
In this Privacy Notice we will explain what personal information we collect, what we do with it and how we secure your information. We will also explain your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you and how you can exercise your rights or register a complaint.
Our contact details:
The Studio at Bournemouth House
54 Victoria Road South
Tel: 07818 415156
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information we collect:
We only collect information we need to provide our products and services. We currently collect and process the following personal information:
- Address (physical/postal)
- Telephone number
- Email address (including business email address)
- Bank account details if we are required to make a payment to you as a service provider or vendor
- IP address when you visit our website
- Driver’s licence if we require proof of your identity
- Passport details if we require proof of your identity
- Payment Card details when you purchase our products or services
- Feedback you provide
You are under no obligation to provide any information to us but if you do not, then it might be impossible for us to provide our products or services and fulfil our contract with you. In some cases, we have a legal obligation to collect your personal data.
How we obtain and use personal information:
Most of the personal information we process was provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Providing a quote for a product or service.
- Purchase of a product or service.
- Account details of service providers and vendors.
- To respond to enquiries, correspondence or contact requests.
- You agreed to receive marketing emails from us.
In some cases, your information may be provided to us by another client or service provider if we are acting in a sub-contracting capacity.
We do not process personal information classified as special category data and do not purchase personal information from third party lead generating services.
Legal Basis for processing personal information:
As a company we provide different products and services and our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Notice will depend on the type of personal information and the specific context in which we collect and use it.
We will normally collect and process your personal information only when you have given your consent or when we are providing products or services as part our contractual obligations.
In some cases, the processing of your personal information may be based on our legitimate interests as a company but not when overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you to meet our statutory obligations.
We always process personal data legally as required by law. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You gave permission to process the information for a specific purpose. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
- Legitimate Interests: The processing is necessary to provide our products and services to our clients.
- Performance of a Contract: We must process personal information in order to meet our contractual obligations.
- Vital Interests: In an emergency we might provide personal information to save someone’s life.
- Legal Obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
- Public Interest: To carry out a task in the public interest.
What we do with the information:
We use personal information in the following ways as part of our business operations:
- To provide quotes for our products and services.
- To sell our products and services.
- To promote our company and products.
- To contact you, following your enquiry or reply to questions.
- To deal with complaints.
- To provide information legally required by law or to fulfil a contract.
We do not share information with third parties unless you have given your permission, we have notified you or we are legally required to do so. In some cases when we have been contracted to provide specific services, we might be required to provide your personal information to our suppliers or those performing support services to enable us to meet our contractual obligations. We do not transfer personal information outside of the EEA and if such a transfer might become necessary, we will ensure that standard contractual clauses or other safeguarding measures are used and that you are aware of this transfer.
Some of the cookies on our website are classified as non-essential cookies which you can decline.
How we store your information:
Your information is stored on secure hardware, databases, filing systems and in cabinets. We keep personal information for only as long as necessary for our business purposes and to meet our legal obligations. In most cases, our retention period will come to an end when we are no longer required to keep your information or when your relationship with us ends. Our retention period for the personal information of customers is eight years after your relationship with us ends unless we have an obligation to retain the information for ongoing guarantees or other legal obligations. We review personal information we hold every two years to establish if it is still necessary for us to store and that the information we hold is accurate. When we no longer need your personal information or have a legal obligation to store the information, we will dispose of your information by deleting it from all our systems and securely disposing of paper files.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer for more information on our Retention Policy.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights pertaining to your personal information, including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You do not need to pay a fee for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we are required to respond to you within one month unless there are reasons why it will take longer to collect the information you requested. If that is the case, we will inform you. In some cases, we will require you to provide proof of your identity through a driver’s licence or passport if we are unable to confirm your identity through other information we hold about you.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want to exercise any of your rights.
How to complain:
In the first instance please send complaints to our Data Protection Officer. If you are not happy with the response you receive from us or how we use your information, please send your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
From time to time we may add or change functions, features or products to our website or add or change our services. This, and our commitment to protecting the privacy of your personal information, may result in periodic changes to this Privacy Notice. We will make every effort to inform you of any changes.
Last updated May 2020